Trek the Gorillas and stay on Lake Kivu!
Trek the Virunga gorillas! The Volcanoes National Park at Kinigi is one of the best places to observe and to photograph the mountain gorilla. Travel afterwards to Gisenyi and have overnight on the shores of tranquil Lake Kivu!
- Ref Safari: RWA006
- Price inquiries: use the inquiry form on this page! Our Sales Desk will respond within 24 hours!
- Min. 2 participants. For Gorillas the min. age is 15 years.
- Different hotel categories are available: Budget, Standard and Exclusive accommodation. See our recommended Hotels/Lodges in the day by day program. Open the link of the itinerary on this page!
- Only the Park Authorities will assign you a gorilla group. Communicate your wishes to our driver-guide he will make some arrangements for you! The Sussa group leaves at the Karisimbi volcano and is more challenging with much longer hiking times!
- Flash photograpy is not permitted when tracking the gorillas.
- Tipping: $ 10$ per participant per gorilla trek for the Ranger guides.
- Porters are available ($ 10) and assist participants during the hike, they are very useful for your comfort! At the same time you will support the local community!
- What is included?
Tour Includes: Airport transfers,accommodation, all meals, plenty of mineral water, the services of a driver-guide, all park and entry fees, all activities as per programme: visit of Kigali including the Genocide Memorial Centre at Gisozi, 1 gorilla trekking, visit of the Iby'Iwacu traditional village and relaxing on Lake Livu. Excludes: Airline ticket, beverages, tips, visas and personal expenses.
What to bring with you?
Money for your personal expenses (average of $ 100 p.p.), outfit with adapted colours for wildlife observation, good hiking shoes, raingear, a few long-sleeve shirts, slippers, sweater for cool evenings, sun protection: hat, sunglasses, sun cream, video/photo camera, a 200 mm or longer telepholens is very usefull, reserve batteries, films and a torch
Flights to and from Kenya/Uganda/Tanzania: We are the booking Agent of Kenya Airways, Rwandairexpress (Kilimanjaro/Entebbe) and Coastal Aviation (charter flights to Arusha, Serengeti, Lake Manyara).
WARNING: Gorilla permits are in high demand and need to be booked and paid in advance! Book your gorilla safari accordingly and avoid disappointment!
Duration : 4 Days
Travelstyles : Tailor-made, Lodge Safaris
Activities : Gorilla Trekking
Parks & places : Genocide Memorial Centre - Gisozi & others, Iby'Iwacu Cultural Village - Volcanoes NP, Volcanoes National Park