Stone Town - Jozani Forest - Southwest of Zanzibar - Discovery of the West
This coast offers Stone Town which needs to be discovered, the wealth of fish and other marine life and of course a beautiful beach. Most important in the southwest of Zanzibar is the area of Mbweni, Menai Bay and Fumba and Chumbe Island where snorkeling is superb. And don't forget Kizimkazi!
It’s on the western coast that you will enjoy the beautiful sunsets of Zanzibar! And if you are interested in a true nature walk then Chumbe Island is the right place for you. It's a unique travel destination on a private island which can be visited under the guidance of trained Park Rangers. You can leave from Mbweni for a full day-trip.
Menai Bay, near Fumba, known as a sea-turtle breeding area, has heaps of marine life and dense mangrove forests. Migratory whales visit the Bay from July to November every year. Dolphin and whale watching has become a popular eco- tourism industry in the Menai Bay.
Magic Safaris Proposal:
Print safari (full)
Print safari (brief)
- Ref. holiday package: ZNZ004
- Price inquiries: use the inquiry form on this page! Our Sales Desk will respond within 24 hours!
- This holiday package can be tailor-made! Different hotel categories are available. Ask us more information!
- Meal plans at your choice depending on offered possibilities: Bed & Breakfast, Half board, Full Board or all Inclusive.
- What is included?
The holiday package includes: airport transfers, hotel accommodation, meal plan at your choice, half-day guided historical tour of Stone town, half-day guided Jozani Forest tour. Optional: Visit of Prison Island, Sundown cruise departing from Stone Town, diving & snorkeling arrangements and other special interest tours. It Excludes: Airline ticket, beverages, tips, visas, Zanzibar departure tax and personal expenses.
- What to bring?
Money for your personal expenses, $ 30 departure tax, light clothes are advisable, sun protection is a must (sunglasses, sun cream, sunhat), malaria protection, mosquito repellent for use in the evenings, your own diving mask if you have, plastic shoes of sandals are recommended for shoreline walks at low tide, camera - and any special batteries. Town power is 240v and mostly square pin sockets (like UK).
- Flights to Zanzibar: Several large carriers fly to Entebbe, Kilimanjaro, Nairobi and Nairobi with connecting flights to Zanzibar. There are also domestic flights. flights between Zanzibar and Tanzania's main cities and National Parks. We can assist and arrange your flights.
- Departure tax: Harbour tax $5 p.p. - international flight tax $30 p.p. - Domestic flight $5 p.p. - Cash only!
- Visa & passports: All visitors require a passport, valid for the duration of their stay, most visitors can get their visa at Zanzibar International Airport at $ 50 per person. Ask us more information.
- WARNING! Please ensure that you dress modestly when off the beach. Women should shouldn't ware shorts and cover their shoulders, topless sunbathing is also strongly discouraged.