Stone Town - Spice Tour - Northeast of Zanzibar - Discovery of the East.
The east coast of Zanzibar is lined with powder-white beaches which look towards a long barrier reef, about a kilometre offshore. Inland you’ll find small fishing villages and a variety of places to stay. Swimming at low tide at the east and northeast coast is impossible unless you like a very long walk. But the walks across the lagoon to the barrier reef are part of the attraction.
The main reason for coming here is for the superb diving and snorkeling! And when snorkeling or scuba diving appeals, the Mnemba Atoll on the northeast Coast (a shallow expanse of coral reef with a tiny island) is a must-do.
Magic Safaris Proposal:
Print safari (full)
Print safari (brief)
- Ref. holiday package: ZNZ002
- Price inquiries: use the inquiry form on this page! Our Sales Desk will respond within 24 hours!
- This holiday package can be tailor-made! Different hotel categories are available. Ask us more information!
- Meal plans at your choice depending on offered possibilities: Bed & Breakfast, Half board, Full Board or all Inclusive.
- What is included?
The holiday package includes: airport transfers, hotel accommodation, meal plans at your choice, half-day guided historical tour of Stone town, half-day guided spice tour. Optional: Visit of Prison Island, Sundown cruise departing from Stone Town, diving & snorkeling arrangements and other special interest tours. It Excludes: Airline ticket, beverages, tips, visas, Zanzibar departure tax and personal expenses.
- What to bring?
Money for your personal expenses, $ 30 departure tax, light clothes are advisable, sun protection is a must (sunglasses, sun cream, sunhat), malaria protection, mosquito repellent for use in the evenings, your own diving mask if you have, plastic shoes of sandals are recommended for shoreline walks at low tide, camera - and any special batteries. Town power is 240v and mostly square pin sockets (like UK).
- Flights to Zanzibar: Several large carriers fly to Entebbe, Kilimanjaro, Nairobi and Nairobi with connecting flights to Zanzibar. There are also domestic flights. flights between Zanzibar and Tanzania's main cities and National Parks. We can assist and arrange your flights.
- Departure tax: Harbour tax $5 p.p. - international flight tax $30 p.p. - Domestic flight $5 p.p. - Cash only!
- Visa & passports: All visitors require a passport, valid for the duration of their stay, most visitors can get their visa at Zanzibar International Airport at $ 50 per person. Ask us more information.
- WARNING! Please ensure that you dress modestly when off the beach. Women should shouldn't ware shorts and cover their shoulders, topless sunbathing is also strongly discouraged.