Rwanda Discovery + Akagera NP - Discover the land of thousand hills!
- Ref Safari: RWA024
- Price inquiries: use the inquiry form on this page! Our Sales Desk will respond within 24 hours!
- Min. 2 participants. For gorillas the min. age is 15 years .
- The accommodation is indicated in the itinerary. Open the link of the itinerary on this page! Some luxury accommodation will be only available in 2009. Ask us for an update!
- Akagera Extension with Lodge or Camping accommodation.
- Only the Park Authorities will assign you a gorilla group. Communicate your wishes to our driver-guide he will make some arrangements for you! The Sussa group leaves at the Karisimbi volcano and is more challenging with much longer hiking times!
- Flash photography is not permitted when tracking the gorillas.
- Tipping: $ 10$ per participant for the Ranger guides in the National Parks.
- Porters are available ($ 10) and assist participants during the hike, they are very useful for your comfort! At the same time you will support the local community!
- What is included?
Tour Includes: Airport transfers,accommodation, all meals, plenty of mineral water, the services of a driver-guide, all park and entry fees, all activities as per programme: visit of Kigali including the Genocide Memorial Centre at Gisozi, visit of the national Museum at Huye (Butare), performance of the Intore dancers, visit of the Tin Smith (Huye), all guided primates walks in Nyungwe, visit of the Iby'Iwacu traditional village , 1 gorilla trekking. It excludes: Airline ticket, beverages, tips, visas and personal expenses.
Options at extra cost: boat trip Kibuye-Gisenyi, second gorilla trekking, climbing the Bisoke (3.711 m), visit of the Dian Fossey grave and former Karisoke centre, visit of the golden monkeys.
- What to bring with you?
Money for your personal expenses (average of $ 200 p.p.), outfit with adapted colours for wildlife observation, good walking shoes, rain gear, a few long-sleeve shirts, slippers, sweater for cool evenings, sun protection: hat, sunglasses, sun cream, video/photo camera, a 200 mm or longer telephoto lens is very useful, reserve batteries, films and a torch. We specially insist to wear good hiking shoes and bring warm clothing!
- WARNING: Gorilla permits are in high demand and need to be booked and paid in advance! Book your safari accordingly and avoid disappointment!